Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lazy Sundays Call For Productive Online Exploration

I love lazy Sundays when you do not have one single thing on the "to do" list but hang out in a pair of sweats and watch marathon television shows all day long. However, I decided that today I would do a little online exploring. Social media is booming and I am always hearing about the newest, latest, and greatest it has to offer the world of faithful updaters. It has taken me awhile to pursue social media relationships with anything other than Facebook, considering Facebook has a way of turning any productive notion I may have into a black hole of procrastination. None the less, I figured it was time to start tinkering with other outlets considering social media is becoming a staple in the advertising world. I recently joined Foursquare and Google Buzz, both of which I have very few friends following so far. It is mindblowing to think about all of the online sharing of information through these social media vehicles. In all reality, for one to stay on top of their updating game, they need one trusty smartphone (it's a good thing I finally got one in August!). I cannot wait to get into these sites and learn more about how to actually use them efficiently. I have just recently gotten the hang of Twitter and I am more than loving its capabilities. I am hoping that engaging in these social media sites will not only give me a better understanding of what is going on in that crazy, up to date world, but also give me an edge. I have a long way to go before I can say I am an "expert," but I refuse to watch these innovations pass me by. So, I have climbed the social media ladder and am bouncing on the edge of the diving board as I type. The pool is huge, but there is no better time than now to dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment