Thursday, October 28, 2010

Passion

     Writing has always been a passion of mine. I remember sitting under my desk lamp writing short stories in my room, running to have my mother proof read them after each new paragraph. I was proud of the talent I had discovered at such a young age. I was like a faucet, flowing with creative ideas, plots, and adjectives. Yet, I soon witnessed an athletic talent emerge, and writing took a tumble down the passion scale when I began participating in softball.
     Softball instilled a burning passion in me; a passion that I have actively displayed for the past fifteen years of my life. I home an extremely competitive nature and an infinite amount of pressure for success. I have been on a roller coaster of defining moments with the sport: from moments that I let softball define me, to moments when I defined softball. Reminiscing, I can confidently say that softball played the role of a love/hate relationship my melodramatic life.
     Softball has ultimately landed me here, at the fine institution of South Dakota State University. After rounding out the final year of my competitive career I have discovered two very important things: One, I miss softball very much now that it is over, and two, I have innate creative and writing abilities. With that being said, I have come full circle in my life and return to my initial passion for writing.
     I have one remaining year at SDSU to finish my Bachelor’s degree and I am looking forward to taking this time to become involved in the many opportunities I had to pass up previously. My life is now missing something that it has not lived without since I have been seven years old. I often find myself feeling lost, empty, and incomplete; yet, I am confident that my zeal for writing will allow it to climb to the top of the passion podium and take me further than my athletic talent ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment