Monday, November 22, 2010

My Butt is Big

Within the past year there has been a buzz about Kim Kardashian's Nike ad, promoting women's sneakers and big butts. This is not the first time that Nike has used this clever body copy to describe this lovely body part. I remember seeing this ad several years ago, long before I knew I would even care about advertisements as much as I do now. The graphic was, naturally, a butt. It was just one butt; not legs, no face, and a purple, pink, and orange color scheme. Now, with the innovation of the new and improved "butt-toning" sneakers, it seemed only fitting to bring back this ad for a second, more prominent go-around.

What I really love about the new ad featuring Kim is the simplicity of it. The color scheme is a simple black and white with a great emphasis on the copy (my favorite) and Kim's ever-criticized rump. Women with a sizable back side and muscular legs, this ad is totally your mantra.

So gals, its time to rejoice, as the skinny girl is taking the back seat on this one. Because the one's with the real "back seats" are getting to ride in the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment