Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh The Offensiveness...

Over the past few weeks, myself and my classmate Emily partnered up and have been working on creating advertisements for the Washington Pavilion in Sioux Falls. Along with it's laundry list of family fun are about ten venues capable of hosting parties or gatherings. We decided to promote this aspect of the WP since it is easily and often overlooked. Plus, with the holidays right around the corner, we thought we would get in the spirit by creating some ads to promote the holiday office party. One idea lead to another (naturally that is how it works) and before we knew it we had some amazing, offensive, and hilarious pieces. 

We take great pride in these. Not only are the concepts entirely our own, but the two ads with the husky guy were our own photography as well (I think you get the idea of where I am going with this). So, to preface the unveiling of these ads, I want all readers to know a couple of things.

1. We would not really expect the Washington Pavilion to use these pieces. Emily and I wanted to branch out and attack this assignment with the idea of having great portfolio pieces in the end. 
2. I am a Christian, I do believe in God, and I do not think that the use of "ass" at the end of Christmas is appropriate. Even though I did create it, I still see the offensiveness. I apologize if anyone is offended, but hope that they can get a chuckle out of these none-the-less. I believe God has a sense of humor. 

I certainly hope that everyone can appreciate out hard work and enjoy a laugh or two in light of the holidays.


Wash Pav Pretty Sight
Wash Pav Mistletoe
Wash Pav Forecast

No comments:

Post a Comment